{The title has changed, but the website has not!}

Blogging FREE printables, parties, and decorating diy one nap at a time...

Dunham Design Company

Friday, March 4, 2016

How To Remove Scratches On Stainless Steel

How To Remove Scratches On Stainless Steel

A couple of months ago, we moved and purchased a house that needed a lot of updating-including the appliances.  With all of the other expenses we incurred, we had to wait to buy new kitchen appliances.  I decided we could purchase new stainless steel appliances one at a time as they got on sale.  The day finally came when we decided upon purchasing a new stainless steel refrigerator! We were so excited for the delivery, however, we didn't notice the scratch marks until the delivery guys left.  Bummer.  I didn't want to wait for another one because we ended up wasting an entire Saturday waiting for the installers.


After a week or more, I decided to research ways to remove stainless steel scratches.  I discovered the Rejuvenate Stainless Steel Scratch Eraser Kit.  {I am not being compensated for this post in any way.} It cost about $6 and I bought it at Home Depot.  I was skeptical about it working.  But within 10 minutes, I had a whole new shiny stainless steel refrigerator! Score! 

After examining the scratches, I decided to use the medium pad with provided solution. Just follow the easy directions in the box.  And the scratches disappeared before my eyes! 
I really can't believe how fast and easy this was to do! And the results are amazing! According to the directions, Rejuvenate recommends you check to see if your product is a coated stainless steel before using this product.  They say it is only designed for non-coated stainless steel otherwise it could cause more damage.  I'll admit- I never did that. Apparently, you can contact the manufacturer or look online to find out if your product is coated or not.  I didn't want to fool with all that and took a risk.  Decide for yourself.  

Here's another little tip: Use extra virgin olive oil spray to clean your stainless steel appliances! Just spray on the appliance and wipe up and down with a towel.  You must clean the entire stainless steel surface for a uniform clean appearance.   
Pin It