{The title has changed, but the website has not!}

Blogging FREE printables, parties, and decorating diy one nap at a time...

Dunham Design Company

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Master Closet Makeover

Master Closet Makeover

I've been wanting to add more shelves in my master bedroom closet ever since we moved into our new house about six months ago.  Finally, we did it! And I don't know what took us so long! It was pretty easy! And my husband is no DIY guy-I think I'm actually better at building and putting things together than he is, but let's keep that our little secret.  As you can see, my clothes used to be on the right side (left photo), but we decided to add a shelf on the right side of the closet and switch sides.  Because I'm lazy, we did not even move up the upper shelf.  We just added the lower shelf-if my husband's pants are folded over in half, it does not touch the floor. Yeah! 
We purchased Closet Maid supplies from Lowes.  We also added 6 shelves behind the closet door which also added a ton of extra space! This project cost us under $200 and we finished the entire project on a Sunday afternoon-I even spackled some holes we made, painted, and put everything back in the closet the same day.  The directions are self explanatory-I did not even read the directions.  Although, you should read how to use the nail with the drywall anchor that Closet Maid supplies because we goofed that up the first time around.  Frankly, I think the steel anchors with screws are easiest and best when you can use it.  My point is: you can do this! We are not especially handy in any way.  I just push my husband to help me with DIY projects so we can save money and make the house look nicer!