{The title has changed, but the website has not!}

Blogging FREE printables, parties, and decorating diy one nap at a time...

Dunham Design Company

Monday, October 8, 2012

Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy Party!

Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy Party!
Howdy Partner! We just celebrated our son's third Birthday party with a Cowboy/Western theme! We had a rootin' tootin' good time! It's hard to believe our Little Buckaroo is now three years old!

Setting the scene for the Cowboy Party was so much fun! 1) I created a simple wreath by loosely tying handkerchiefs to a wreath and taped the Wanted Sign Printable on our front door.  (The wreath and handkerchiefs were purchased at the Dollar Tree.) Most of the party printables were designed by me and can be purchased from my Etsy Shop.  2) This Cowboy Loot sign informs guests where their party favors are.  3) Kids can grab their handkerchief wrapped favors from the rocking moose.  4) Printable Labels with the words: Rootin' Tootin', Wanted, and Giddy Up.  5) Food Labels by Hewlett Packard.  4b) Printable Labels with the words: Saddle Up, Howdy Partner, and Ride em' Cowboy.  6) Tablescape before the food was set out along with the Birthday Buckaroo bunting.  7) Corral Grub Sign. 8) Close Up of tablescape.
I created the backdrop by cutting red & brown gingham wrapping paper (purchased at Dollar Tree) and taping it to my mirror.  I then taped the cowboy riding silhouette in the middle and added the Birthday Buckaroo bunting.  The second photo shows a close-up of the two wrapping papers I used for the party.  Aren't they perfect?! I used the wrapping paper as tablecloths which also made for easier clean-up.  The third photo shows the Watering Hole or my Beverage Station.  We served Southern Style Sweet Iced Tea and Water with Lemon.
Game Time! I got so many Pinterest ideas! 1) Brand the Cow Game.  2) Horseshoes.  3) Shoot Out Game-kids shoot at empty plastic water bottles.  4) Bandit Hunt-kids search for toys such as horses (purchased at Dollar Tree) & sheriff badges (purchased at Dollar Tree & Target) in a pool of hay.  They can keep whatever they find.  5) Free Tractor Rides! Courtesy of grandpa who gifted my son with his very own battery powered tractor! Thank you Grandpa! 6) Cowboy Hats (purchased at Dollar Tree) used as prizes for the winners.
Here are all of the kids digging through the hay for treasures they can keep!

I think this was my son's favorite part of the party!

The cake was not only beautiful (Created by my sister- Denise Rowland) but absolutely delicious! It was a moist chocolate cake with buttercream icing and layers of Heath Bar crunch in between! Yum!


Well, that's all folks! I hope you were able to get some ideas from this Cowboy/Western Party! Like what you see? Leave me a comment below! I'd love to hear from you! Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Hear?!